2016 Schedule / Deadlines
September 2015 Announcement of the Meijer Great Choices Film Festival
September 2015- February 12, 2016 PSA's accepted for competition.
All material must be copyright free or original and relate to character, health or diversity. (Be Careful about showing items with brand names) Release forms (if applicable) must be submitted with DVD, registration form and registration fee.
Entry fees: $5 per entry if DVD and registration are postmarked by early discounted deadline of January 15, 2016; or $10 per entry if DVD and registration materials are postmarked by the final deadline of February 12, 2016. DVD's must be postmarked by the above dates in order to qualify. Entry fees and registration materials must accompany DVD.
All submissions must be on DVD and mailed with application, entry fee and talent release forms to:
"Meijer Great Choices Film Festival"
c/o Van Singel Fine Arts Center,
8500 Burlingame SW,
Byron Center, MI 49315
Make checks payable to Meijer Great Choices Film Festival. DVD's mailed without proper documentation and payment will automatically be disqualified.
February-April 2016 Phase 1 judging by college film students, festival, media and underwriter representatives.
Judging will separate PSA's first by target audience, then by Great Choices categories of Character, Health, and Diversity. The judges reserve the right to move an entry to a more appropriate category. Entries will be narrowed to the top ten for each Great Choice categories for a total of sixty semifinalists.* (The judges reserve the right to reduce the number of semifinalists/finalists by category pending adequate number of entries.)
May, 2016 Semifinalists will be announced via a letter, email and invitation to the Festival Event tentatively scheduled for June 4, 2016 in Grand Rapids.
- Top ten finalists and their families for each audience and category will be invited:
- Top 10 PSA's (:30) for heath issues targeted for grades K-6*
- Top 10 PSA's (:30) celebrating diversity, targeted for grades K-6*
- Top 10 PSA's (:30) promoting character, targeted for grades K-6*
- Top 10 PSA's (:30) for heath issues targeted for grades 7-12*
- Top 10 PSA's (:30) celebrating diversity, targeted for grades 7-12*
- Top 10 PSA's (:30) promoting character targeted for grades 7-12*
- Top 10 PSA s (:30) promoting character, targeted for grades 7 12
September 2016 Top Ten PSA's (*Pending qualifications) of each category to be reproduced and distributed on DVD to Michigan schools as tools for their Character Education, Health and Diversity programs.
DVD's will be made available to all media as requested